It feels good to sit in front of my computer for the first time in a week and let my fingers do the talking again. Between deadlines, wedding to do lists, running back and forth to the post office and NYC every few days has completely taken over any down time I had to blog. But I do have food photos to share and keep your interest for the next few seconds.
link) I am so thrilled to have been able to have been around such warm bloggers with big hearts. (For more photos check out my portfolio)
I recently made a light turkey pasta for lunch. I whipped out my wok and started tossing my veggies and uncapping the seasonings. A simple dish made with whole wheat spaghetti, seasoned ground turkey and fresh zucchini, asparagus and yellow peppers. A quick and guilt free lunch with out having to sacrifice flavor, just the calories. Enjoy!
The 5 star culinary makeover group has a new challenge coming up. In this restaurant wars themed challenge, we were placed into groups of three, chose a team leader and decided on a restaurant theme and name. I've joined forces with Alisha from The Ardent Epicure and Marisa from Cook's Book to bring you a tropical paradise themed restaurant, and mango is the guest of honor. Stay tuned for the debut of our menu this month. And make sure to stop by Marisa and Alisha's site for some great recipes and mouth watering photos.
Check out my first product review for Easy Eats (the gluten free magazine)! Pineapple Artichoke Chimichurri Sauce made with a hot sauce containing African Bird's Eye Chili. Take a peek!
7.9 grams of fat
20.3 grams of carbs
4.7 grams of fiber
15.5 grams of protein
41% Vitamin A
104.6% Vitamin C
1 teaspoon of paprika
3/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 garlic clove sliced thin
1/2 cup of sliced asparagus spears
1/2 cup of sliced zucchini
1/4 cup of sliced yellow peppers
10 roasted cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of warm water
olive oil for sauteeing
extra paprika, garlic salt and onion powder for seasoning veggies
1/2 cup of whole wheat spaghetti
sprinkle of parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Prepare water for boiling pasta as directed on package. While water boils, move onto the next steps.
- Season ground turkey meat with paprika, garlic salt and onion powder. Sautee over medium high heat in a wok with a thin coat of olive oil until just cooked through, set turkey meat aside.
- In same wok, add a tad more olive oil and keep the flame at medium high. Add garlic clove and when the it turns a golden color quickly add the vegetables and toss to coat with olive oil, season with the extra paprika, garlic salt and onion powder. Continue to toss or stir for 3-5 minutes until the veggies are cooked but still have a crunch to them.
- Add the cooked turkey meat and water, lower heat to medium for until the water reduces. Taste and re-season if need be.
- Cook pasta during the last few minutes of cooking turkey and veggies. Toss ingredients together, serve warm. Sprinkle cheese as desired. Yield two servings.