Thursday, April 14, 2011
Food Blog Awards!
Oh my goodness! My very first blog award! Wow! As you can tell by all the exclamation marks I am über excited and honored to be awarded. I have to admit, I teared up a bit, because I have poured my heart into this blog. Dedicating hours into each post to ensure it reaches my very high standards. And for someone to think it's worthy enough for an award is beyond me =]
I'd like to thank Dee over at Deelicious Sweets for bestowing this honor upon me and 14 other amazing food bloggers. I've been a fan of her blog since I first began to use FoodBuzz, she always compliments others hard work, while still maintaining her fabulous well written and well known blog. Her favorite of my recipes is the Dreamy Orange Freeze it reminds me of a similar drink my mother made only on special occasions, the perfect combination of ingredients to refresh anyone on a warm sunny afternoon. Check out her beautiful site, with breath taking photography, mouth watering recipes, and creative writing.
As part of the award I need to list 7 things about myself. I'm not very interesting but here it goes. =]
7. I am a dreamer and hope to run my own Food Magazine one day.
6. I am terrified of cats, but when I go over a house with one, no matter how "shy" he is he will follow me, more than the owner.
5. My first experience in the kitchen was at Spice Market in NYC, mainly the Wok station.
4. I cry in cheesy romantic scenes.
3. I have an obsession with Hello Kitty, I even own sticker books.
2. I've written my culinary school's alumni newsletter for almost two years.
1. My goal in the next few years is to start a NPO for children's psychiatric hospitals to provide the children with good food, music, giveaways, to promote good behavior and give the children hope of a better future by introducing former patients who recovered to share their stories like mentors.
Thanks for bearing with me there. And now the most important part. As a recipient of this award I must bestow this honor upon 15 other food bloggers who I feel deserve it the most. There are so many to chose from! This won't be easy but here are the sites that have stood out the most to me.
Sandra's Easy Cooking
Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right
Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
That Skinny Chick Can Bake!
Savour The Senses
Amy's Cooking Adventures
What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine
Five Star Foodie
What's Cookin' Chicago
Please take a moment to visit these wonderfully talented food bloggers. Thanks again to Dee over on Deelicious Sweets! =]